Watson Farley & Williams (“WFW”) is delighted to announce that, as part of the firm’s new leadership and management structure which came into effect on 1 February 2022, a new Supervisory Board led by Senior Partner George Paleokrassas has been inaugurated.
The Supervisory Board will set the firm’s direction and strategy and is responsible for key firmwide programmes including D&I and Sustainability. The Board is also tasked with oversight of certain matters including risk management. Its members, who will meet regularly are:
- George Paleokrassas, Senior Partner and Global Maritime Sector Co-Head;
- Jim Bell, London-based Global Aviation Sector Co-Head and Finance Partner;
- Steven Burkill, Asia Dispute Resolution Group Head and Bangkok Office Head;
- Linh Doan, Asia Projects and Corporate Group Head and Hanoi Office Head
- Christian Finnern, Hamburg Maritime Partner;
- María Pilar García Guijarro, Corporate/M&A Partner and Madrid Office Head;
- Romain Girtanner, Tax Partner and Paris Office Head; and
- Eugenio Tranchino, Corporate/M&A Partner and Italy Head.
George commented: “These are exciting times at WFW as the firm approaches its 40th anniversary later this year and I greatly look forward to working with my colleagues on the Supervisory Board. In line with our sector focussed strategy, we have good representation on the Board across our key sectors, practice areas and international network”.
In addition to the Supervisory Board, the firm has also set up a new Operations Board and Partnership Representative Board as part of its new leadership and management structure.
The Operations Board, led by Managing Partner Lindsey Keeble, is responsible for all operational matters including implementing the firm’s strategy and aligning systems and processes across the business. Its members include the firm’s Global Business Functions Directors.
The Partnership Representative Board comprises 11 elected partners to represent the views of the partnership. Members are elected for a term of three years from across the firm’s regions and practice areas.