Linh Doan is a Foreign Legal Consultant (Vietnam) in the Energy Group and a Partner of WFW Global LLP, based in our Hong Kong office. She is also head of our Hanoi office WFW LVN.
Widely recognised as a leading adviser to the Asian power markets, Linh has an impressive track record of advising on “first-of-their-kind” cross-border power projects.
She regularly works with government entities, sponsors, lenders and investors on large power plant developments and financings, most notably in Vietnam where she has an unrivalled reputation for excellence and counts key government ministries and state utilities among her clients.
Linh splits her time between WFW’s Hanoi and Hong Kong offices, and is the founding Partner of WFW LVN in the former city.
She is highly recommended by top legal directories Chambers Asia Pacific, Chambers Global and Legal 500 Asia Pacific. In 2019, Chambers reported a client as saying “her powerful negotiation skills and vast knowledge really helped us a lot in achieving our goals. She is a pleasure to work with, working hard to promptly provide us with the best possible advice”. Another client said she is “very thorough and sincere in meeting all our needs for project contract drafting. Pragmatic, precise and spot on in all advice provided to us, she is very much up-to-date on country-specific laws and regulations”.
- Advised the Vietnam Ministry of Industry and Trade on the development of the 1200MW Nghi Son 2 Coal-fired power project in Thanh Hoa Province, Vietnam.
- Advised MOIT on various amendments to the project documents in response to Japan Bank for International Cooperation’s comments
- 2005 LL.M., National University of Singapore Law Faculty
- 1999 LL.B., Hanoi University of Social and Human Studies
- 1995 B.A., University of Foreign Languages in Hanoi