Linh Doan is a Foreign Legal Consultant (Vietnam) in the Energy & Infrastructure Group and a Partner of WFW Global LLP, based in our Hong Kong office. She is also head of the firm’s Hanoi office WFW LVN and our Asia Projects and Corporate Group.
Widely recognised as a leading adviser to the Asian power markets, Linh has an impressive track record of advising on “first-of-their-kind” cross-border power projects. Her experience covers conventional power, renewables and mining & commodities.
She regularly works with government entities, sponsors, lenders and investors on large power plant developments and financings, most notably in Vietnam where she has an unrivalled reputation for excellence and counts key government ministries and state utilities among her clients.
Linh splits her time between WFW’s Hanoi and Hong Kong offices, and is the founding Partner of WFW LVN in the former city.
She is highly recommended by top legal directories Chambers Asia Pacific, Chambers Global and IFLR1000. Linh was named ‘Lawyer of the Year – Natural Resources and Mining’ at Euromoney’s Asia Women in Business Law Awards 2020 and was also recognised as one of four leading female lawyers in Vietnam in IFLR1000’s Women Leaders 2020 rankings. Chambers Asia Pacific 2021 reported a client as saying “she has an excellent track record assisting clients with high-profile power projects.”, she is also “very thorough and sincere in meeting all our needs for project contract drafting. Pragmatic, precise and spot on in all advice provided to us, she is very much up-to-date on country-specific laws and regulations”. (Chambers Asia Pacific 2019).
- Advised the Vietnam Ministry of Industry and Trade on the development of the 1200MW Nghi Son 2 Coal-fired power project in Thanh Hoa Province, Vietnam.
- Advised MOIT on various amendments to the project documents in response to Japan Bank for International Cooperation’s comments
- 2005 LL.M., National University of Singapore Law Faculty
- 1999 LL.B., Hanoi University of Social and Human Studies
- 1995 B.A., University of Foreign Languages in Hanoi