George is a Partner in the Asset Finance Group and Head of the firm’s Athens office.
George advises on a broad range of work spanning the maritime sector, acting for major shipping lenders and shipowners on the structuring and restructuring of loan and leasing transactions, the acquisition, sale and transfer of shipping loan portfolios, on transactions involving distressed assets as well as for owners, operators and investors on shipbuilding projects, long-term charter arrangements, joint ventures and other general corporate matters involving shipowning groups.
He is universally recognised as one of the leading lawyers in the maritime sector both in Greece and internationally, including by legal directories Chambers Europe, Chambers Global, Legal 500 EMEA and IFLR 1000. In 2019, Chambers styled him quite simply an “excellent lawyer” and Legal 500 as “highly esteemed”. Clients have described him as “utterly outstanding.”
- Advising a syndicate of international banks led by HSH Nordbank, in its capacity as agent and security trustee, in relation to a term loan facility of US$460m made available to Capital Product Partners.
- Advising Star Bulk Carriers Corp. on the acquisition of 16 vessels from Augustea Atlantica SpA and York Capital Management in an all-share transaction.
- 1992 · Solicitor, College of Law, Guildford
- 1991 · LL. B., University College London (UCL)
memberships & associations
- Law Society of England & Wales