Watson Farley & Williams (“WFW”) is delighted that five matters the firm advised on have won awards at the Airfinance Journal’s annual awards.
The award-winning deals that WFW advised on are:
- Best ESG Initiative of the Year – Aviation Working Group’s Carbon Calculator (“ACC”);
- Europe Deal of the Year – Turkish Airlines US Ex-Im Bank French Lease for nine 737 Max and three GEnx engines;
- Airline Restructuring Deal of the Year – Avianca Restructuring;
- Latin America Deal of the Year – Avianca Restructuring; and
- Used Aircraft Deal of the Year – SAS $18m portfolio financing for four aircraft.
The Airfinance Journal Awards celebrate the best-in-class airline, lessor and OEM financings to have closed in the past calendar year and recognise the organisations and teams that played a key role in those deals.
Global Aviation Sector Co-Head Charles Viggers commented: “We are delighted to have won five awards at the Airfinance Journal Awards, which highlights our unrivalled expertise advising on complex, market-leading aviation transactions and further cements our reputation for excellence in the aviation space”.
Global Aviation Sector Co-Head Jim Bell added: “We are particularly pleased to have won Best ESG Initiative of the Year for our role in helping design, implement and launch the Aviation Working Group’s Carbon Calculator as ESG and sustainability are key to both WFW’s values and expertise”.