Watson Farley & Williams (“WFW”) is delighted to announce that leading maritime sector publication Marine Money has named five deals that the firm advised on as ‘Deals of the Year’ in their annual Deal of the Year Awards.
The award-winning deals are:
- The Export Credit Agency Deal of the Year – Seaspan Corporation Sinosure-backed US$1.17bn JOLCO financing for 15 dual fuel containerships;
- The IPO Deal of the Year – Gram Car Carriers US$121m Private Placement and Euronext Growth Listing;
- The Leasing Deal of the Year (East) – CITIC FL US$700m Operating Lease of six PCTCs and four GCCs;
- The Leasing Deal of the Year (West) – Seapeak US$160m JOLCO for one LNG Carrier; and
- The Restructuring Deal of the Year – sale of a shipping loan portfolio of more than US$1bn secured by 56 ship mortgages.
In addition, Dealmaker of the Year was awarded to WFW client United Maritime Corporation who recognised WFW’s talent and hard work on their behalf.
We were also pleased to see Global Ship Lease’s US$350m senior secured notes deal win the Private Placement Debt award, which Capital Markets Partner Filana Silberberg advised on at her previous firm before joining WFW in November 2022.
WFW Senior Partner and Global Maritime Sector Co-Head George Paleokrassas commented: “The recognition for these deals once again highlights our unrivalled expertise in advising on complex, high-value and market-leading transactions as well the quality of service provided by our lawyers across the full spectrum of the maritime space”.
Global Maritime Sector Co-Head George Macheras added: “This continued appreciation of the work we do is testament to the expertise and commitment of our maritime practice and demonstrates its truly global nature. Congratulations to all those involved”.