George is a Partner in the Maritime Group.
George advises on all aspects of ship financing, with a focus on structured/asset finance, leasing transactions, restructurings/work-outs and large-scale loan portfolio transfers, as well as on the commercial matters relating to the sale, purchase, employment and operation of all maritime asset classes (newbuilding and second-hand).
His clients span the shipping and offshore industries, including financial institutions (primarily banks, private equity investors and hedge funds) and shipping companies (owners, managers and charterers).
George has worked in the firm’s Athens office and has previously been seconded to the Royal Bank of Scotland where he assisted on structured finance transactions.
He is recommended as an expert asset finance and restructuring lawyer by legal directory IFLR 1000.
- Advising two major private equity investors on the purchase of a circa US$240m portfolio of shipping loans from Commerzbank.
- Advising Enesel S.A. on its maritime investments and financings, including in relation to its ECA-backed US$380m financing relating to five 13,800 TEU container vessels.
- Advising The Royal Bank of Scotland with its disposal of the majority of its global US$5bn shipping portfolio to various purchasers.
- Advising Marubeni Corporation and SK Shipping on all legal aspects relating to their two LNG carriers, including construction, chartering and financing, for utilisation in the Ichthys LNG project in Australia.
- 2007 · University College London, University of London, LLM in Maritime Law
- 2006 · BPP Law School, London, LPC
- 2005 · Queen Mary College, University of London, LLB Honours
memberships & associations
- Law Society of England and Wales