Watson Farley & Williams (“WFW”) is delighted that leading international maritime sector publication Marine Money has named six deals the firm advised on ‘Deals Of The Year’ for the second year in row, highlighting once again the firm’s standing as the ‘go to’ law firm for the shipping industry worldwide.
The award-winning deals WFW advised on were:
- Project Finance Deal of the Year – East: HMM US$583.7m financing eight containership newbuildings;
- Lease Deal of the Year – East: ICBCFL/CMES US$140.2m JOLCO for two VLOC newbuildings;
- Green Finance – Green Loan of the Year: US$417m green loan for three Hapag-Lloyd containerships;
- Structured Finance Deal of the Year: Joh. Berenberg, Gossler & Co. KG on US$135m Fund Level Facility for Meerbaum Capital Solutions;
- Export Credit Agency Deal of the Year: Altera Shuttle Tankers US$367m Senior and Junior Secured Amendment and Upsize Facility; and
- IPO Deal of the Year: PAO Sovcomflot US$550m Initial Public Offering.
WFW Maritime Global Sector Co-Head Lindsey Keeble commented: “It’s been another great year for WFW, with deals advised on by our Hamburg, London, New York and Singapore offices all receiving awards, spanning our international network from west to east. Congratulations to everyone involved”.
WFW Maritime Global Sector Co-Head George Paleokrassas added: “I’m especially delighted that in addition to our long-standing strengths in areas such as leasing, ECA-backed transactions and structured and project finance, we’re also increasingly gaining recognition in the capital markets space. I’m also pleased we continue to grow our impressive credentials for green finance, which will likely be an ever more important source of future funding for the maritime sector as outlined in our recent report The Sustainability Imperative”.