Toby is a Partner in the Maritime Group.
Toby has a wealth of experience in the maritime sector advising shipowners, operators, private equity funds, investors and financial institutions across the full spectrum of non-contentious shipping work.
His practice has a particular emphasis on commercial contracts and environmental matters ranging from newbuildings, sale & purchase (including back-to-back re-sales and green recycling/disposal), charterparties, ship management agreements and commercial and environmental due diligence.
Recommended as a transactional maritime expert by leading legal directory Legal 500 UK and praised for his “very broad experience” (2020), “looking out for his client’s best interests” (2020) and being “thorough and commercially minded” (2021), he is admitted to practice in both England & Wales and Ireland, and holds qualifications in maritime law, ship management and notarial practice.
- Advising Sovcomflot on the restructuring of its joint venture with Swire Pacific Offshore (SPO) and the acquisition of two specialist supply vessels.
- Advising Sovcomflot on first structured ship financing funded by Russian bank.
- Indian group Reliance Industries advised by WFW on new shipping asset class.
- Advising TIME Investments on the formation of a new investment offering formed under the Government’s Enterprise Investment Scheme (EIS).
- Advising United Overseas Group Ltd on the acquisition of United Arab Chemical Carriers Limited.
- Acting as maritime counsel to Sovcomflot in their US$550m Initial Public Offering.