Simon is a Partner in the Maritime Group.
Simon specialises in advising banks, other financiers, owners and other maritime industry participants on all aspects of debt, leasing and structured finance, security, construction and conversion, sale and purchase, and operational and corporate matters.
He has also been involved in a number of high-profile restructuring, work-out and dispute resolution matters and public placement transactions.
Simon is recognised for his finance expertise by legal directories Chambers, Legal 500 and IFLR 1000. He is ranked band 2 in Chambers Asia Pacific Shipping: International: Finance – Singapore and ranked as a Key Lawyer in Shipping – Singapore by Legal 500. In the 2020 rankings, IFLR 1000 recognises Simon as a Notable Practitioner in Banking & Finance. Legal 500 has described Simon as ‘very knowledgeable and has a wealth of experience combined with a commercial approach and effective transaction management skills’.
- Advising the syndicate of lenders to a group of shipping companies in connection with the financing, insolvency, restructuring and work-out of their shipping debt.
- Advising Brunei Gas Carriers Sdn Bhd on the construction, financing and operation of its “A-Class” LNG carrier fleet.
- Providing maritime advice to an Indonesian tanker operator on its US$200m 8.375% Guaranteed Senior Notes offering memorandum.
- 1990-1991 · College of Law, Chester
- 1987-1990 · Queen Mary & Westfield College, University of London
memberships & associations
- Law Society of England and Wales
- Chairman: Transport, Logistics & Supply Chain Business Group Committee (TLSC) of the Singapore British Chamber of Commerce
- Sailors’ Society Ambassador