Simon is a Partner in the Maritime Group.
Simon specialises in advising banks, other financiers, owners and other maritime industry participants on all aspects of debt, leasing and structured finance, security, construction and conversion, sale and purchase, and operational and corporate matters.
He has also been involved in a number of high-profile restructuring, work-out and dispute resolution matters and public placement transactions.
Simon is recognised for his finance expertise by legal directories Chambers Asia Pacific, Chambers Global, Legal 500 Asia Pacific and IFLR 1000. Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2018-19 described Simon as ‘very knowledgeable and has a wealth of experience combined with a commercial approach and effective transaction management skills’.
He joined the firm in 2006 and was based in London until relocating to Singapore in 2012.
- Advising Grindrod Shipping Holdings Ltd. on its spin-off from its parent and its US$320m primary listing on NASDAQ and secondary listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange.
- Advising Thai dry-bulk owner operator, Precious Shipping Public Company Limited with the settlement and cancellations in connection with a series of ten ultramax vessel orders at Taizhou Sanfu Ship Engineering, China,
- Advising the syndicate of lenders to a group of shipping companies in connection with the financing, insolvency, restructuring and work-out of their shipping debt.
- Advising Brunei Gas Carriers Sdn Bhd on the construction, financing and operation of its “A-Class” LNG carrier fleet.
- Providing maritime advice to an Indonesian tanker operator on its US$200m 8.375% Guaranteed Senior Notes offering memorandum.
- 1990-1991 · College of Law, Chester
- 1987-1990 · Queen Mary & Westfield College, University of London
memberships & associations
- Law Society of England and Wales
- Chairman: Transport, Logistics & Supply Chain Business Group Committee (TLSC) of the Singapore British Chamber of Commerce
- Sailors’ Society Ambassador