Richard is a Partner in the Tax Group.
Richard advises UK and multi-national companies on all aspects of UK corporation tax, with a focus on the maritime, energy and real estate sectors.
Richard acts for a number of banks and international shipping clients in relation to their financings of maritime assets and has a particular interest in the UK’s Tonnage Tax regime.
Richard is a member of the UK Chamber of Shipping’s Tax and Economics Committee and was a member of the Industry Advisory Group for the UK Government’s Maritime Growth Study.
He acts for a number of international clients in relation to their investments in UK wind (offshore and onshore) and solar projects and has provided advice on the UK tax issues connected with numerous UK company disposals.
In 2018-19, leading legal directory Legal 500 UK praised the WFW London Tax Group as “impressive” and as standing out for its “first-class” client service and “highly-responsive, proactive” approach to issues.
- 2000 – 2001 · College of Law, Chester
- 1997 – 1998 · University of Bayreuth
- 1995 – 1999 · University of Birmingham
- 1988 – 1995 · Manchester Grammar School
memberships & associations
- UK Chamber of Shipping’s Tax and Economics Committee
- Industry Advisory Group for the UK Government’s Maritime Growth Study