Katie is a Senior Associate in the Assets and Structured Finance group based in London.
Katie specialises in asset and project finance transactions with a particular focus on the maritime sector. Her clients include financial institutions and owners and she advises on a variety of finance, lease and tax-driven structures as well as a variety of commercial maritime documentation, including charterparties, construction contracts, and asset sale & purchase contracts.
Katie trained at the firm and has spent time in WFW’s Athens office as well as 6 years in the Singapore office. In 2016, Katie completed a five month secondment with the ship finance team at Standard Chartered Bank in Singapore. Between 2019 and 2021, Katie worked in house as legal counsel at Borealis Maritime, London, before returning to WFW in 2022.
- Advising DVB Bank and Standard Chartered Bank on the financing of eight bitumen carriers for SPVs owned by Minsheng Financial Leasing, bareboat chartered to Trafigura under a sale and leaseback by MSFL with Trafigura.
- 2010 – 2011 · College of Law, Legal Practice Course
- 2009 – 2010 · College of Law, Graduate Diploma in Law
- 2006 – 2009 · Durham University
memberships and associations
- 2013 · Law Society of England and Wales