Charlotte is a Partner in the Dispute Resolution Group.
Charlotte is an experienced dispute resolution lawyer with full rights of audience before both the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC) courts and the higher courts of England and Wales.
Charlotte’s practice extends to litigation, international arbitration, expert determination and mediation, as well as advisory work on litigation risk and avoidance.
She regularly acts for employers, contractors and funders in construction and engineering disputes across the Middle East, as well as major corporates, developers, investors, financial institutions and high net worth individuals in all types of contentious matters both regionally and in the UK.
Charlotte is recognised as a leading dispute resolution and international arbitration lawyer in the UAE by legal directories Legal 500 EMEA and Chambers Global. The former has previously described her as a “superb litigator”, an “outstanding operator”, “strategically-minded” and says that she provides “an unrivalled combination of dedication and shrewdness”. Chambers Global has described her as “impressive, very professional, very approachable and very proactive”, and as a “very, very pleasant lawyer who knows her stuff”.
- In relation to various matters concerning the Louvre, Abu Dhabi and the development of Saadiyat Island, Abu Dhabi.
- A UAE government entity in connection with a high value complex joint venture dispute with LCIA arbitration proceedings seated in London and connected court proceedings in Cyprus and Russia.
- A leading oil and gas service provider in connection with ICC arbitration proceedings in relation to a major construction project in Abu Dhabi.
- In connection with disputes arising from delays to the Barakah nuclear energy project in Abu Dhabi.
- The Dubai Financial Services Authority in connection with insolvency proceedings in the DIFC courts in relation to ES Bankers (Dubai) Ltd, part of the Portuguese Espirito Santo Financial Group.
- 1996 – 1997 · College of Law, London – Legal Practice Course
- 1993 – 1996 · City University – Business Law LLB (Hons), 2:1
memberships & associations
- Solicitor, qualified in England and Wales
- Solicitors’ Association of Higher Court Advocates
- Registered in DIFC courts Register of Legal Practitioners with full rights of audience
- Appointed to the Committee of the Society of Construction Law (Gulf)
- LCIA Arab Users’ Council