Archit is a Senior Associate in the Maritime Disputes’ team with over 10 years of practice.
He is dual qualified in India and England & Wales and has previously worked at a leading law firm in Singapore and litigated in India. He has specialised knowledge of the commercial aspects of shipping, having pursued a MSc degree in Maritime Economics and Logistics. His experience covers the whole spectrum of shipping work including charterparty, bills of lading, bunkers, ship sale, ship repairs, trade finance, maritime insolvency, sanctions and commodities disputes. He has substantial experience in arbitration (SIAC, SCMA, LCIA, LMAA and ICC). He has also advised clients on non-contentious matters. His practice often has a cross-border dimension, levering on his education, work experience as well as the Firm’s footprint across multiple jurisdictions. He has regular involvement – for shipowners and cargo interests alike – in arrest and other security-taking measures across jurisdictions.
- Acted for a major ship-owner in a trade finance dispute under a sale-lease back arrangement.
- Acted for two trade finance banks in cross-jurisdictional pursuit of multi-million-dollar mis-delivery related claims, in wake of the collapse of a substantive commodities player.
- Acted for a fund to enforce a multi-million-dollar mortgage across multiple jurisdictions.
- Advised a Dubai based commodities trader on their standard form sales contracts.
- Advised a global consortium on implementing electronic trade documents.
2019 – 2020 · MSc (Distinction), Maritime Economics and Logistics, Erasmus University, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
2007 – 2012 · B.A. LLB. (Hons), National Law School of India University, Bangalore, India
2011 · Singapore Management University, Singapore (Exchange Student)
Memberships and Associations
- Bar Council of Maharashtra and Goa
- Law Society of England & Wales