Archit is a Senior Associate (Foreign Qualified) in the Dispute Resolution group.
Archit specialises in international trade disputes, having previously worked as a dispute resolution lawyer at a leading law firm in Singapore and litigated in India.
His experience covers charter-party and bills of lading disputes, cargo claims and commodities trading disputes.
He has also advised clients on non-contentious matters and has experience advising and drafting MOAs, bespoke terms and conditions and freight restructuring arrangements.
- Acted for two trade finance banks in cross-jurisdictional pursuit of multi-million dollar mis-delivery related claims, in wake of the collapse of a substantive commodities player.
- Acted for a major Singapore-based shipyard in SCMA arbitration involving a ship sale and purchase dispute.
- Acted for Russian ship-owners in a landmark decision involving multiple cargo claims to constitute a limitation fund in India.
- Acted for a Norwegian bank to enforce a multi-million dollar mortgage in India.
- Acted for ship-owners to successfully vacate the order of arrest of freight and bunkers in India.
2019-2020 MSc (Distinction), Maritime Economics and Logistics, Erasmus University, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
2007-2012 B.A. LLB. (Hons), National Law School of India University, Bangalore, India
2011 Singapore Management University, Singapore (Exchange Student)
Memberships and Associations
Bar Council of Maharashtra and Goa