Watson Farley & Williams (“WFW”) has achieved an exceptional set of results in the H1 2020 Energy & Infrastructure league table rankings for legal advisers in leading sector publications inspiratia, Inframation and IJGlobal.
WFW continue to top inspiratia’s global renewables rankings, coming first by deal count for the sixth quarter in a row. The firm also picked up new rankings for global infrastructure, coming fifth by deal count and seventh by deal value.
The firm also received 44 top 20 rankings in Inframation and SparkSpread’s H1 2020 League Table and Trend Report (Project Finance), up from 29 in H1 2019. These new rankings include 21 top five places, up from 14 last year, as well as the top spot in the following rankings:
- 1st – All sectors (by deal count) – Global;
- 1st – All sectors (by deal count) – EMEA;
- 1st – All sectors (by deal count) – Europe;
- 1st – All sectors (by deal count) – EU;
- 1st – All sectors (by deal count) – France;
- 1st – All sectors (by deal count) – Spain;
- 1st – Renewables (by deal count) – Global; and
- 1st – Renewables (by deal count) – Europe.
The firm garnered 11 top 20 rankings in IJGlobal, including new rankings for Asia-Pacific Project Finance and Infrastructure Finance. The firm also attained the following five top ten global rankings:
- 4th – Renewables Project Finance (by deal value);
- 6th – Renewables Infrastructure Finance (by deal value);
- 8th – Global Project Finance (by deal count);
- 8th – Europe Project Finance (by deal value); and
- 9th – Europe Infrastructure Finance (by deal value).
Global Energy Group Co-Head Henry Stewart commented: “We’re delighted that WFW continue to excel in these key league table rankings, especially being recognised in the global infrastructure sector with new and improved rankings from inspiratia and IJGlobal respectively. Our new rankings in IJGlobal’s Asia-Pacific Infrastructure Finance and Project Finance tables, combined with the firm’s first Asia-Pacific Deal of the Year award from the same publication, illustrate our success in that region and highlight our increasing profile in the rapidly expanding Asia-Pacific energy market”.
Fellow Global Energy Co-Head Malte Jordan concurred, adding: “These wonderful results also affirm our place at the top table of legal advisers in Europe, leading Inframation’s Europe tables by deal count in All Sectors and Renewables as well as across other major jurisdictions such as EMEA, EU, France and Spain. In conjunction with our results in Asia, these rankings are demonstrable evidence of the international success of the firm’s industry-focussed strategy and entrenches our position at the forefront of the global energy sector”.