Watson Farley & Williams (“WFW”) is delighted to have once again improved the firm’s rankings in the Q1 2021 energy and infrastructure league tables by leading energy publications Inframation & SparkSpread, inspiratia and IJGlobal.
The firm attained 32 rankings across 12 jurisdictions in Inframation’s league tables, including new rankings in the Global and Europe Social Infrastructure tables as well as All Sectors tables in Italy and the Benelux region and in the Latin America Renewables table. WFW ranks first in the following tables:
- 1st by deal count – Renewables Global;
- 1st by deal count – Social Infrastructure Global;
- 1st by deal value – Social Infrastructure Global;
- 1st by deal count – All Sectors EMEA;
- 1st by deal count – All Sectors Europe;
- 1st by deal count – Renewables Europe;
- 1st by deal count – All Sectors EU; and
- 1st by deal count – All Sectors Germany.
The firm is newly ranked by inspiratia in its global infrastructure tables, including being 2nd by deal count. WFW was also ranked 2nd by deal count in the global renewables table.
WFW also picked up 11 rankings in IJGlobal’s project finance and infrastructure tables, including nine top-10 places, and new rankings in both the Project Finance and Infrastructure Finance tables for Social & Defence as well as the Transport Project Finance table. The firm achieved three top five rankings:
- 3rd by deal value – Project Finance Europe;
- 3rd by deal value – Infrastructure Finance Europe; and
- 4th by deal value – Transport Project Finance.
Global Energy Sector Co-Head Malte Jordan commented: “I’m delighted that we’ve continued to make excellent progress across so many jurisdictions worldwide, illustrating the truly international outlook of our energy team. These fabulous results are just reward for the hard work and dedication of everyone in our energy team in Europe and Asia”.
Global Energy Sector Co-Head Henry Stewart added: “What is especially pleasing about these rankings is the huge strides we have made in infrastructure tables across all three publications. Not only have we attained new and improved rankings here, but we’ve continued to dominate numerous renewables tables across multiple countries, underlining our broad, high-level expertise in deals across the entire energy and infrastructure sector”.