Virginia is a Partner in the Project & Structured Finance Group.
Virginia specialises in acquisitions and financings in the Greek infrastructure and energy sectors, as well as real estate, corporate/M&A, insurance and finance deals for both Greek and international investors and banks.
Virginia graduated from Cambridge University in 1989 and practised as a barrister in London for five years before moving to Athens and qualifying as a Greek lawyer in 1998. She then spent ten years at a major Greek commercial law firm before joining WFW in 2007.
Virginia is widely recognised for her energy, projects, finance and corporate/M&A expertise by legal directories Chambers Europe, Legal 500 EMEA and IFLR 1000. In 2019, Chambers acknowledged her as “a market leader in the renewables sector” and hailed her “expertise in English law”, while client interviewees noted she is “very adaptable, flexible and provides her legal opinion very promptly and succinctly”.
She is fluent in Greek and English.
- Advising EDF EN GREECE on the Greek bond loan refinancing of two 23 MW capacity onshore operating wind farms in Fokida, central Greece; Alpha Bank SA is the arranger and agent.
- Advising TOTAL EREN's Greek subsidiaries on all its project finance transactions in the renewable energy sector.
- Representing the Hellenic Republic Asset Development Fund on the sale of the shares in the Hellinikon Project.
- 1991 · MA
- 1991 · Inns of Court School of Law – Bar Professional Course (Merit Pass)
- 1989 · Peterhouse, University of Cambridge, BA in Law: 2:1
memberships & associations
- Bar Council of England and Wales (non-practising member)
- Athens Bar
- Registered arbitrator for energy disputes at the Greek Regulatory Authority for Energy