Richard Hughes is a partner in the Real Estate group.
Richard advises lenders, borrowers and other key market participants on a wide range of financing transactions including investment grade, leveraged, project and structured finance, restructurings and work outs, distressed debt trading and special situations.
Richard has a particular focus on real estate finance and advises across the capital structure (senior and mezzanine debt, equity and capital markets instruments) and all asset classes on both investment and development financings. Richard also has considerable experience advising on restructurings and workouts, special situations and for buyers and sellers of loan portfolios secured on real estate.
- Acting for the lender on conventional and Islamic financings secured on student accommodation and office schemes.
- Acting for the sponsors in connection with refinancing major central London hotels.
- Acting for the lenders in connection with the financing for the development and refurbishment of an office scheme in Westminster.
- Acting for a sponsor in connection with issues arising from a major tenant CVA process.
- Acting for the sponsors in connection with the establishment of the student residences joint venture and the financing of a development scheme in Lancaster.
- 1993 -1994 Cardiff University / Prifysgol Caerdydd, Legal Practice Course
- 1990 to 1993 Cardiff University / Prifysgol Caerdydd, LL.B. Law
memberships and associations
- Investment Property Forum