Richard is a Partner in the Assets & Structured Finance Group.
Richard specialises in international finance and commercial contract work and in particular asset finance, project finance and leasing and commercial transactions in the maritime sector.
Richard has a wide range of experience advising major international shipping finance lenders and major international shipowners and operators across a broad spectrum of work.
This work spans complex financing structures, debt restructurings, shipping investments and divestments including the sale and purchase of shipping loan portfolios, sale and purchase transactions across all types of maritime assets including cruise vessels, leasing and charter arrangements, management service contracts and construction contracts.
- Advising RBS in relation to the sale of part of its US$5bn shipping portfolio in five separate transactions to three purchasers. The transactions signified the exit from shipping of RBS, which was once the biggest maritime lender globally.
- Advised DNB ASA and a syndicate of banks in relation to a K-sure backed US$110m loan facility to Euronav N.V. to finance the acquisition of two Korean built VLCCs.
- Advised a US cruise line in relation to a wide range of S&P transactions including in relation to the sale of vessels for recycling at EU approved Turkish demolition facilities.
- Advised a European cruise line in relation to its time chartering of a luxury cruise vessel to a Middle Eastern charterer for 3-4 day cruises in the Red Sea.
- Exeter University, LLB Hons
memberships & associations
- Law Society of England & Wales