Rachapol is a senior associate in the firm’s dispute resolution group.
His practice focuses on complex civil litigation in Thai Court with particular expertise in tort, employment, insurance and commercial/contractual disputes. He has advised and represented both high-net-worth individuals as well as established corporations, including international insurers and reinsurers in various Thai court disputes. Rachapol also assists in several domestic and international arbitration matters.
Rachapol has been licensed to practice in Thailand since 2014. He is fluent in Thai and English.
- Representing and acting for a US individual client in a high-profile child custody case under the new Thai surrogacy law.
- Advising and acting for reinsurers on liability and quantum issues arising out of a high-profile 2013 oil spill in the Gulf of Thailand, involving the Thai petroleum corporation, and subsequent civil/environmental claims with the disputed amount exceeding THB3b.
- Representing and acting for several international precious stone couriers and their insurers in various claims for loss of and/or damage to high-value gemstones.
- Representing and acting for various clients (including a British-based oil and gas exploration and production business in South East Asia, a global lens manufacturer, an international digital marketing business, and an executive director of an international pharmaceutical company) on employment disputes.
- Representing and acting for an insurer in claims arising out of a contractor’s failure in horizontal directional drilling (HDD) operation in a natural gas transmission pipeline project of the Thai national petroleum corporation.
- 2012 · LL.B., Thammasat University
memberships & associations
- Lawyers Council of Thailand
- Thai Bar Association
- Notarial Services Attorney