Philip is an associate in the assets and structured Finance group.
He advises lenders and owners on all aspects of financing and commercial activities within the maritime sector, with a focus on shipbuilding and vessel sale and purchase.
Philip also has experience advising lenders, leasing companies and operators in the aviation sector.
Since joining the firm, Philip has worked in the firm’s Bangkok, Hamburg and Singapore offices, and is now based in the London Finance group.
- Over the course of several years, consistently acting for longstanding clients (large shipowners and several active shipping funds) on numerous vessel sale & purchase transactions (including MOA documentation, ancillary documents, closing arrangements etc).
- Advising a French fund on three separate vessel lease financing transactions (both pre-and post-construction), which also involved sub-charter and bond financing elements.
- Advising a client shipowner on shipbuilding contract negotiations for a 174,000 m3 LNG carrier with Samsung Heavy Industries in Korea and a related long-term charter with oil major, together with ancillary agreements including option agreements, step in agreement etc.
- Advising a major European cruise line on construction contract and financing aspects of an ECA-backed EUR2.5billion facility for three new vessels under construction with Chantiers de l’Atlantique.
- Representing Cerberus Capital Management in respect of its purchase of a EUR 2.6 billion shipping loan portfolio from Norddeutsche Landesbank.
- 2015 – 2016 · BPP Law School, LPC
- 2014 – 2015 · BPP Law School, GDL
- 2011 – 2014 · University of Warwick, BA Hons, History
memberships & associations
- Law Society of England & Wales