Patrick is a Partner in the Asset Finance group.
He specialises in shipping finance, predominantly working on debt finance and leasing transactions for owners, international banks and private equity funds.
He also regularly acts on restructurings and the due diligence aspects of mergers, fleet acquisitions and loan portfolio sales.
Patrick qualified in January 2006 and joined the firm as an Associate in June 2007. He has spent several months working with the firm in Greece and has previously worked in Russia.
He has acted on numerous Marine Money Deals of the Year, most recently the Marine Money 2018 ECA Deal of the Year: West – Teekay Shuttle Tankers US$265.8m Senior Facility and US$30m Junior Facility.
- Advising General Maritime Corporation on its US$1.4bn merger with Navig8 Crude Tankers to create one the world’s largest owners of very large crude carriers (VLCCs) with a combined fleet of 28 VLCCs.
- Advising HSH Nordbank AG (“HSH”) on innovative venture with the Navios Group to transfer 10 distressed vessels with a market value of US$218m out of HSH’s non-core portfolio.
- Advising Crédit Agricole CIB on US$200m facility to Petredec with commercial and KSure insured tranches to provide post-delivery financing for four 84,000cbm LPGs.
- 2003 · Nottingham Law School, Diploma in Legal Practice
- 2002 · Nottingham Law School, Postgraduate Diploma in Law
- 2001 · Christ Church, Oxford University, MA (Oxon) Modern History and Russian
memberships & associations
- Law Society of England and Wales