Marisetta is a Partner in the Project & Structured Finance Group.
Marisetta is a banking and finance lawyer. Her project finance experience covers both international and domestic work on the energy sector, acting for both financiers and sponsors. She has a particular focus on renewable energy projects and has experience in mergers, acquisitions and corporate restructurings.
Marisetta has also advised on shipping and asset finance deals and she has wide experience in advising on restructurings and work-outs and in providing assistance to investors and Greek banks on the sale and purchase of non-performing loan portfolios.
Marisetta joined Watson Farley & Williams in 2007 after 9 (nine) years at a major Greek commercial law firm and was made partner in 2010.
- Acted for Crédit Agricole Corporate & Investment Bank in relation to a US$173.5m loan facility for Euronav NV. This facility provides financing for four ice-class suezmax newbuildings under construction by Hyundai Samho Heavy Industries Co., Ltd.
- Advised Alpha Bank AE (“Alpha Bank”) on raising financing of US$250m from Citibank through the securitisation of part of its shipping portfolio. The upsize securitisation transaction follows Alpha Bank’s first shipping securitisation issuance which raised US$500m, and represented the first shipping securitisation transaction completed by a Greek bank.
- Advised private bank Berenberg on its acquisition, jointly with a Japanese financial institution, of a circa US$460m performing shipping loan portfolio from the Royal Bank of Scotland (“RBS”).
- Advised the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development on a €50m Greek law financing and Piraeus Bank S.A. on a €10m Greek law parallel financing for the construction, development and operation of Greek renewable energy projects by companies in the Terna Energy group. The facility will allow Terna Energy to construct wind farms with a planned capacity of 48 MW to add to current installed capacity of 738 MW, which is expected to exceed 1,000 MW.
- LL.M., International Business Law | UCL
- LL.B., University of Athens | Faculty of Law