Marinos is a Senior Associate in the assets & structured finance team.
Marinos specialises in non-contentious shipping and shipping finance, acting on behalf of banks, financial institutions and shipowning groups. He works on IPOs, portfolio transfers, loan documentation, sale and purchase transactions as well as shipbuilding contracts.
- Advised Okeanis, the Piraeus-headquartered international shipping group, on the oversubscribed US$100m IPO of its new eco-friendly US$1bn crude tanker fleet.
- Advised Teekay Offshore on the successful completion of a major strategic investment and financing initiatives linked to the US$610m equity investment in Teekay Offshore by Brookfield.
- Advised a joint venture between one of the big three Japanese shipowners and a Greek shipowner in connection with the financing and purchase of two LNG carriers.
- Acted on behalf of a private equity fund in relation to the sale and leaseback of two LPG carriers.
- Conducted due diligence in respect of the facility agreements, JOLCOs, Chinese leasing structures and other documents applicable to an NYSE listed owner of containerships in light of a proposed corporate reorganisation.