Madeline is a Partner in the Finance Group and Head of the firm’s Hong Kong office.
With over 28 years’ experience, Madeline’s practice focusses on asset, project and structured financings and debt restructuring, with particular expertise in the transportation, intermodal, energy and natural resources sectors. Her clients include leading banks, financial institutions, leasing companies and major transportation, logistics, energy and shipping companies.
Madeline is widely recognised as one of Asia’s leading ship finance lawyers by legal directories Legal 500 Asia Pacific, Chambers Asia Pacific, Chambers Global, IFLR 1000 and Who’s Who Legal. In 2019, Chambers reported sources as saying that she “fights each and every single clause for clients, she is meticulous and detail-oriented”, while Legal 500 said she has “a deep understanding of all legal matters in this area”.
She was named “Best in Shipping” at the Euromoney Asia Women in Business Law Awards 2017.
Qualified in Hong Kong, England & Wales and Australia, Madeline is fluent in Cantonese, Mandarin and English.
- Advising MUFG Bank as facility agent on the US$180m refinancing of two K-Line LNG vessels which are time chartered to Statoil ASA, the world’s largest offshore operator. Advising MUFG Bank as facility agent on the US$180m refinancing of two K-Line LNG vessels which are time chartered to Statoil ASA, the world’s largest offshore operator.
- Advising BNP Paribas on US$116.5m refinancing of five product tankers under a sale and leaseback transaction between AVIC Leasing and NYSE-listed Scorpio Tankers Inc.
- 1988 · Bjuris and LLB, University of Western Australia
memberships & associations
- Advocate & Solicitor of Western Australia and Australia
- Law Society of England & Wales
- Solicitor of Hong Kong