Senior Associate Bangkok
Lyle is a senior associate in the firm’s dispute resolution group.
Lyle’s specialist area of expertise is in the construction and engineering sectors. He is adept in all forms of dispute resolution including mediation, arbitration and litigation in Hong Kong, Thailand and the UK.
He has practical knowledge and experience gained through working for a leading international consultancy practice as a chartered quantity surveyor prior to qualifying as a solicitor and acting as in-house/senior legal counsel for a leading Japanese and Korean contractor. During this time Lyle advised upon all aspects of construction contractual matters relating to mega-value energy, plant, building, infrastructure and civils projects throughout the world. A key element of his role was assisting with strategic commercial negotiations and assessing commercial risks.
Over the last 25 years, Lyle has advised major Oil and Gas companies, hydro-electric power owners, international manufacturers, contractors and consultants on a range of commercial disputes that typically arise in the course of business in Asia.
Lyle is recognised as one of the key lawyers in real estate and construction by Legal 500 Asia Pacific. They noted he is “practical and commercially savvy” and that he “sees through the nonsense and concentrates on the critical issues and pushes for the most appropriate outcome”.
- Advising an international contractor in an arbitration in connection with delay and disruption claims arising on a mixed use development in Thailand.
- Advising an international contractor in connection with a dispute arising from non-payment on a high profile construction project in Thailand.
- Advising an owner in an arbitration in connection with a dispute arising from defective work on a coal powered power plant in Cambodia.
- Advising a Taiwanese contractor in an arbitration with a domestic subcontractor arising from time and money claims.
- Advising a Thai contractor in an arbitration in relation to claims arising from a luxury villa development in Phuket, Thailand.
- 1993 – 1994: Leeds Metropolitan University, LPC
- 1992 – 1993: Staffordshire University, CPE
- 1988 – 1992: Leeds Polytechnic, BSc(Hons) Quantity Surveying
Memberships and Associations
- Law Society England & Wales
- Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
- ArticleDefects and the desire for fitness for purpose – a Thai law perspective
- ArticleNew Construction Adjudication Bill in Thailand – Prioritising Payments
- ArticleCovid 19: An international construction perspective – Thailand
- ArticleCOVID-19: An International Construction Perspective
- ArticlePolicy Wordings, Cover and Claims: Recent Developments in Thailand