Lucas is a senior Associate in the Dispute Resolution group of our London Office.
Lucas specialises in commercial litigation and international arbitration, primarily within the shipping, energy and commodities sectors. His experience covers shipbuilding, ship finance, charterparty and commodities trading disputes.
He has experience of the construction and mining sectors and has advised international clients on high-value contractual claims stemming from large-scale construction and mining projects in Asia, Latin America and Africa.
Lucas previously worked in a leading international law firm where he advised insurers and reinsurers on complex cross-border claims and underlying disputes.
Lucas is qualified to practise law in England & Wales and Brazil.
- Acting for international shipowners in multi-party London High Court proceedings in respect of multi-million Euro contractual claims arising under two shipbuilding contracts.
- Acting for London-based traders in London High Court proceedings concerning claims arising out of the sale of fuel oil in West Africa.
- Advising shipowners on high-value warranty claims in respect of LNG newbuildings.
- Acting for European shipowners in four LMAA arbitrations concerning claims for unpaid hire under long-term charterparties.
- Successfully acting for an international mining contractor on four consolidated LCIA arbitrations with respect to contractual claims concerning the operation of copper mines in Africa.
- 2016 – International Commercial Litigation and Arbitration – London School of Economics (LSE)
- 2010-15 – L.L.B. – Federal University of Juiz de Fora (UFJF)
Memberships and Associations
The Law Society of England and Wales
Brazilian Bar Association (OAB/MG)