Lucas is an Associate in the Dispute Resolution group of our London Office.
Lucas specialises in commercial litigation and international arbitration, primarily within the shipping, energy and commodities sectors. His experience covers shipbuilding, ship finance, charterparty and commodities trading disputes.
He has experience of the construction and mining sectors and has advised international clients on high-value contractual claims stemming from large-scale construction and mining projects in Asia, Latin America and Africa.
Lucas previously worked in a leading international law firm where he advised insurers and reinsurers on complex cross-border claims and underlying disputes.
Lucas is qualified to practise law in England & Wales and Brazil.
- Successfully acting for an international mining contractor on four consolidated LCIA arbitrations with respect to contractual claims concerning the operation of copper mines in Africa.
- Acting for a joint venture on commercial arbitration proceedings concerning large construction project in Southeast Asia.
- Advising international insurance carriers on high-value claims made under various Directors and Officers (D&O) insurance policies in relation to multi-billion-dollar corruption schemes around the globe.
- 2016 – International Commercial Litigation and Arbitration – London School of Economics (LSE)
- 2010-15 – L.L.B. – Federal University of Juiz de Fora (UFJF)
Memberships and Associations
The Law Society of England and Wales
Brazilian Bar Association (OAB/MG)