Lucas is an Associate in the Dispute Resolution group of our London Office.
Lucas specialises in commercial litigation and arbitration, and regularly represents international clients on complex cross-border disputes.
He has previously worked in the construction and mining sectors and has advised on various contractual claims stemming from large scale construction and mining projects.
Lucas also has experience in the insurance and reinsurance sector and extensively acted for international carriers on various high-value insurance claims and related disputes.
Lucas is a solicitor of England & Wales and a Brazilian qualified lawyer.
- Successfully acting for an international mining contractor on four consolidated LCIA arbitrations with respect to contractual claims concerning the operation of copper mines in Africa.
- Acting for a joint venture on commercial arbitration proceedings concerning large construction project in Southeast Asia.
- Advising international insurance carriers on high-value claims made under various Directors and Officers (D&O) insurance policies in relation to multi-billion-dollar corruption schemes around the globe.
- 2016 – International Commercial Litigation and Arbitration – London School of Economics (LSE)
- 2010-15 – L.L.B. – Federal University of Juiz de Fora (UFJF)
Memberships and Associations
The Law Society of England and Wales
Brazilian Bar Association (OAB/MG)