Katherine is a senior associate (foreign qualified) in the London Energy & Infrastructure group.
She specialises in banking and finance transactions in the energy and infrastructure sector and has experience advising sponsors and lenders on both UK and international transactions. Her energy experience includes conventional power and a broad range of renewables transactions, including solar, onshore and offshore wind and biomass.
Katherine also has a broad range of infrastructure and mining finance experience, including funding of hospitals, toll roads, prisons, transmission assets, water treatment and desalination plants and gold and coal mines. She has experience in private sector project finance as well as public private partnerships and privatisations.
Katherine is qualified as a lawyer in New South Wales, Australia and has previously worked at Slaughter and May in London and at Gilbert + Tobin and Clayton Utz in Australia. She has also completed secondments at an international investment bank and with a global solar developer, owner and operator.
- PKA on financing aspects of its acquisition of a 50% stake in the Teesside Renewable Energy Plant in the North East of England, with total investment in the plant is anticipated to be in the region of £900m.
- A club of 11 financiers (including international and Australian banks and an export credit agency) to the winning Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan Board and Hastings Fund Management bid to acquire the long term lease of the Sydney Desalination Plant from the State of New South Wales. At the time, this was the largest privatisation in New South Wales history.
- 2000-2003 Bachelor of Science (Hons)
- 2000-2005 Bachelor of Laws (Hons)
Memberships and Associations
- Law Society of New South Wales