Joe is a partner in our Projects Group.
Joe advises lenders and sponsors on a number of project finance, acquisition finance, reserve-based lending and other structured financings and has a particularly impressive track record in the upstream oil and gas sector, advising E&P companies, traders and both multilateral and commercial lenders.
Joe advises on transactions across Europe and Africa and has most recently advised lenders on the acquisition financings of assets from oil majors in the UK North Sea, Egypt, Cameroon, Angola and Chad.
He is recommended for his trade finance and oil and gas expertise by leading directories Legal 500 UK and IFLR 1000 with the former styling him “very reactive, efficient and pragmatic”.
- Advising BW Energy on an up to US$300m new international reserve-based lending facility. The facility will be used initially to further finance and develop the Dussafu license offshore Gabon.
- Advising a syndicate of lenders, including DNB, ING, BNP Paribas, Citi and BMO on a US$1.5bn Reserve-Based Lending Facility for Chrysaor’s (backed by EIG and Harbour Energy) acquisition of a portfolio of Shell’s UK North Sea assets (2017) and the subsequent amendment and increase of Chrysaor’s RBL facility to US$3bn for their acquisition of ConocoPhillips’ assets in the UK North Sea (2019).
- Advising a syndicate including multilateral banks regarding an US$180m reserve-based senior facility agreement for Energean Oil & Gas to develop the Prinos Basin offshore of Greece.
- Advising lenders on a Reserve-Based Lending Facility with an initial availability of US$100m to the International Petroleum Corporation for its inaugural financing and subsequent increase in that facility to $200m.
- Advising a syndicate of banks on two banking facilities in favour of Faroe Petroleum to finance its expansion. A US$250 million Reserve Base Lending Facility and a NOK 1 billion Norway Exploration Financing Facility.
- PressWFW strengthens London projects team with new Counsel hire
- PressWFW advises Beacon Energy on reverse takeover of Rhein Petroleum and related equity fundraising
- PressWFW advises lenders on financing of Afentra’s entry into Angola
- PressWFW advises BW Energy on US$300m international RBL facility
- EventInvesting in Egypt’s Hydrocarbon sector – An Update & Current Outlook