Heike is a Partner in the Energy Group.
Heike specialises in all aspects of oil and gas law, and also has expertise in electricity and water projects.
She has acted for governments, national oil companies as well as junior and major oil and gas companies, banks, energy trading companies, regulators and individual investors in more than 40 countries worldwide on a broad range of international and domestic corporate, commercial, regulatory and projects work in the oil and gas industry.
Heike regularly advises on production sharing agreements, concessions and licence arrangements, M&A and farm-ins, joint operating agreements, oil, gas and LNG supply, transportation, storage and access agreements, trading and other commercial contracts and the underlying regulatory regimes in the relevant jurisdictions as part of investments in the petroleum industry.
She is recommended for her expertise by leading legal directories Legal 500 UK and Who’s Who Legal, the latter of which recognised her to their exclusive “Thought Leader” ranking for energy in 2018 and noted she is “a very knowledgeable and thorough lawyer” who stands out for her “high-quality advice”.
- Advising The Industrial and Commercial Bank of China Limited on financing the EXMAR group’s construction and acquisition of the world’s first floating liquefaction and storage unit for natural gas.
- Advising the Pakistan Government on the country’s first LNG import project, including selection of terminal operator, drafting and negotiating agreements for terminal access, longterm LNG supply, spot and term trades.
- Advising BW Kudu on documentation relating to the Kudu offshore gas field project in Namibia including its acquisition of a 56% stake in the offshore licence and related gas sales.
- 2001 · Admitted to practise as a solicitor in England and Wales
- 1998 · College of Law, London LPC
- 1997 · College of Law, Lonson CPE
- 1992 · Academy of Sciences, Berlin, Germany PhD in Biotechnology/Bioengineering
- 1986 · University of Leipzig, Germany BSc/MSc in Biology
Memberships and Associations
- Law Society of England & Wales
- Association of International Petroleum Negotiators (AIPN)