Dan is a Partner in the corporate and M&A group.
Dan focusses on M&A, private equity, venture capital and commercial contracts, with particular expertise in the shipping and offshore oil & gas sectors.
He is expert in a wide range of maritime-related commercial contracts, and also advises major shipping financiers in relation to finance lease structures and financial and corporate restructurings.
In addition to his specialisms in maritime and oil and gas, Dan advises across a broad range of sectors from education and media to commodities.
Dan is recommended by leading legal directory Legal 500 UK 2018-19 for his “commercial approach and for consistently being able to run through and identify all potential eventualities”.
- Advising Oaktree Capital Management on due diligence and negotiating the acquisition of shares in Torm A/S relating to the restructuring of Torm’s equity and debt.
- Advising Maas Capital (ABN Amro’s international private equity arm) on various equity investments in the offshore, tanker and intermodal container sectors.
- 2010 · Admitted as a Solicitor of England & Wales
- 2007 · Admitted as Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand
- 2007 · Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand Bachelor of Arts Maj. Philosophy, Political Science
- 2007 · Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand Bachelor of Laws