DAN IS A PARTNER IN THE CORPORATE AND M&A GROUP.
Dan focusses on M&A, private equity, venture capital and commercial contracts, with particular expertise in the shipping and offshore oil & gas sectors.
He is expert in a wide range of maritime-related commercial contracts, and also advises major shipping financiers in relation to finance lease structures and financial and corporate restructurings.
In addition to his specialisms in maritime and oil and gas, Dan advises across a broad range of sectors from education and media to commodities.
Dan is recognised as a key lawyer by leading legal directory Legal 500 UK 2023.
- Advising EnTrust’s Blue Ocean Group in relation to multiple joint venture investments with various shipowners in the container, gas, bulker and tanker sectors across multiple jurisdictions including the UK, Marshall Islands, Liberia, Norway, Singapore and the Cayman Islands.
- Advising Star Bulk Carriers Corp. on the acquisition of 41 dry bulk vessels from various purchasers pursuant to both M&A and S&P style transactions.
- Advising ABN Amro Bank N.V. on the divestment of Maas Capital Shipping B.V. and its portfolio of 20 separate investments in the shipping and offshore oil and gas sectors.
- 2010 · Admitted as a Solicitor of England & Wales
- 2007 · Admitted as Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand
- 2007 · Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand Bachelor of Arts Maj. Philosophy, Political Science
- 2007 · Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand Bachelor of Laws