Dan is a Partner in the corporate and M&A group.
Dan focusses on M&A, private equity, venture capital and commercial contracts, with particular expertise in the shipping and offshore oil & gas sectors.
He is expert in a wide range of maritime-related commercial contracts, and also advises major shipping financiers in relation to finance lease structures and financial and corporate restructurings.
In addition to his specialisms in maritime and oil and gas, Dan advises across a broad range of sectors from education and media to commodities.
Dan is recommended by leading legal directory Legal 500 UK 2018-19 for his “commercial approach and for consistently being able to run through and identify all potential eventualities”.
- Advising Clean Sea Transport LLC, a joint venture between MSEA Group, Arkview Capital and Scorpio Tankers, in relation to the purchase of Marinvest AB’s fleet in a multi-jurisdictional transaction involving the acquisition of both assets and shares.
- Advising Reliance Industries on the divestment of an interest in six VLEC vessels to MOL and another investor and the drafting and negotiation of the accompanying tripartite joint venture arrangements.
- Advising Oaktree Capital Management on due diligence and negotiating the acquisition of shares in Torm A/S relating to the restructuring of Torm’s equity and debt.
- Advising Maas Capital (ABN Amro’s international private equity arm) on various equity investments in the offshore, tanker and intermodal container sectors.
- Advising NASDAQ listed Star Bulk Carriers Corp. on the acquisition of 11 dry bulk vessels from Delphin Shipping in a shares and cash transaction for an aggregate purchase price of USD 139.5 million.
- 2010 · Admitted as a Solicitor of England & Wales
- 2007 · Admitted as Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand
- 2007 · Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand Bachelor of Arts Maj. Philosophy, Political Science
- 2007 · Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand Bachelor of Laws
- ArticleCollaboration is key – ESG focussed joint ventures are on the rise in shipping
- PressWFW advises Maas Capital on investment into BW LPG India
- PressWFW advises CST on Marinvest fleet acquisition
- EventLondon International Shipping Week 2021
- PressWFW advises Navigator on merger with Ultragas