DAMIAN ADAMS IS A PARTNER IN THE CORPORATE GROUP.
Damian has over 20 years of experience in structuring, negotiating, managing and executing complex cross-border investments and transactions – from greenfield, early stage and growth capital investments to joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions. He advises venture capital fund managers, private equity and infrastructure investors and international organisations across a range of the firm’s sectors.
Having spent a large part of his career with the firm in Singapore, Damian has significant experience of working with clients in its core sectors in Asia including maritime, energy and mining & commodities.
Although Damian has a predominant focus on investment, M&A and other corporate transactions, he also developed early career experience of secured financing transactions, particularly big-ticket assets and commodities, as well as commodities sale and purchase, storage and warehousing.
Damian is recognised for his corporate and commercial expertise and in their 2020 rankings IFLR 1000 recognises Damian as a ‘Highly Regarded’ practitioner in Energy & Infrastructure, Project Development and M&A and in the Energy sector.
- Advising a significant Asia-focussed venture capital investor on a Series A investment in Neuroscience and AI company Neurosensum.
- Advising the venture capital arm of a global insurance company on a Series A investment, follow-on financing and Series B investment into digital healthtech firm Biofourmis.
- Advising the venture capital arm of a substantial US hedge fund on a Series A investment in Philippines payroll and human resources platform Sprout Solutions.
- Advising a global infrastructure asset manager and investment fund on its proposed investment, by auction process, in a joint venture with a major mining company for the purpose of acquiring a fleet of five ore carrying vessels.
- Advising Yinson Holdings on the divestment to a consortium of Japanese companies led by Sumitomo Corporation of a 26% stake in the owner of an FPSO operating offshore Ghana.
- 1996-1997 University of the West of England, Bristol
- 1992-1996 University of the West of England, Bristol
memberships and associations
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of England & Wales (admitted September 1999)
- Member of the Law Society of England and Wales (current)
- Member of the Singapore Venture Capital & Private Equity Association (current)
- Secretary of the British Chamber of Commerce, Singapore (2010-2011)
- Vice-President and Board Member of the British Chamber of Commerce, Singapore (2011-2019)