Damian Adams is a Partner in the Corporate Group.
Damian has over 20 years of experience in structuring, negotiating, managing and executing complex cross-border investments and transactions – from greenfield, early stage and growth capital investments to joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions. He advises venture capital fund managers, private equity and infrastructure investors and international organisations across a range of the firm’s sectors.
Having spent a large part of his career with the firm in Singapore, Damian has significant experience of working with clients in its core sectors in Asia including maritime, energy and mining & commodities.
Although Damian has a predominant focus on investment, M&A and other corporate transactions, he also developed early career experience of secured financing transactions, particularly big-ticket assets and commodities, as well as commodities sale and purchase, storage and warehousing.
- Advising a significant Asia-focused venture capital investor on a Series A investment in Neuroscience and AI company Neurosensum.
- Advising the venture capital arm of a global insurance company on a Series A investment, follow-on financing and Series B investment into digital healthtech firm Biofourmis.
- Advising the venture capital arm of a substantial US hedge fund on a Series A investment in Philippines payroll and human resources platform Sprout Solutions.
- Advising a global infrastructure asset manager and investment fund on its proposed investment, by auction process, in a joint venture with a major mining company for the purpose of acquiring a fleet of five ore carrying vessels.
- Advising Yinson Holdings on the divestment to a consortium of Japanese companies led by Sumitomo Corporation of a 26% stake in the owner of an FPSO operating offshore Ghana.
- 1996-1997 University of the West of England, Bristol
- 1992-1996 University of the West of England, Bristol
memberships and associations
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of England & Wales (admitted September 1999)
- Member of the Law Society of England and Wales (current)
- Member of the Singapore Venture Capital & Private Equity Association (current)
- Secretary of the British Chamber of Commerce, Singapore (2010-2011)
- Vice-President and Board Member of the British Chamber of Commerce, Singapore (2011-2019)