Andrew is a Partner in and Co-Head of the London Dispute Resolution Group.
Andrew specialises in international arbitration, commercial litigation and resolving disputes outside the formal court or arbitral channels, including through negotiation and mediation.
He has particular expertise in the maritime, aviation, trade and energy sectors. His clients include banks, PE funds, other investors, lessors, shipowners, charterers and commodity traders. In addition, Andrew is a member of the firm’s innovation and technology initiative.
He is recognised as a Leading Individual by Legal 500 UK 2021, where he has been described as “calm, focused, diligent and thorough – and always good-humoured” and “extremely clever and has close attention to detail.”
Of the team, Legal 500 UK 2021 states “In recent years, it has been involved in some of the highest profile and precedent-setting commercial litigation in the English courts. It has particular expertise in handling large-scale, complex commercial and corporate litigation on behalf of organisations in the firm’s specialist sectors of transport (maritime and aviation), energy and real estate.”
- Advising buyers in international arbitration and related High Court proceedings relating to the cancellation of 11 shipbuilding contracts for bulk carriers. Successful settlement.
- Advising buyers on the termination of an aircraft purchase agreement.
- Advising major financial institution on the enforcement of security for a maritime loan, including vessel arrest and related High Court and Court of Appeal proceedings.
- Advising claimants in a Commercial Court trial relating to a joint venture dispute concerning a large scale and high-profile construction project in Germany. Successful settlement after trial.
- Advising claimants in a High Court claim for fraud in relation to an investment into a joint venture. Successful settlement before trial.
- 2002 – 2004 · College of Law (London), Post Graduate Diploma in Law and Legal Practice Course
- 1996 – 2002 · Durham University, MA Classics and BA Classics
memberships & associations
- Law Society of England and Wales
- London Shipping Law Centre (LSLC)
- London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA)
- London Solicitors Litigation Association (LSLA)