Andrew is a Partner in and Co-Head of the London Dispute Resolution Group.
Andrew specialises in international arbitration, commercial litigation and resolving disputes outside the formal court or arbitral channels, including through negotiation and mediation.
He has particular expertise in the maritime, trade, aviation and energy sectors. His clients include banks, PE funds, other investors, lessors, shipowners, charterers and commodity traders. In addition, Andrew is a member of the firm’s innovation and technology initiative.
He is recommended by legal directory Legal 500 UK 2019 as “extremely clever and pays close attention to detail”.
- Acting for claimants in a Commercial Court trial relating to a joint venture dispute concerning a large scale and high profile construction project in Germany. Successful settlement after trial.
- Acting for claimants in a High Court claim for fraud in relation to an investment into a joint venture. Successful settlement before trial.
- Acting successfully for a large Hong Kong conglomerate in defending Commercial Court proceedings brought by a large shipping charterer.
- Advising a syndicate of banks and associated shipowners on $1.2bn charter claims against Hanjin.
- Acting for an international bank in disputes concerning the appointment of administrators over a shipping group, the nature of the bank’s security over the group’s cash and future earnings.
- 2002 – 2004 · College of Law (London), Post Graduate Diploma in Law and Legal Practice Course
- 1996 – 2002 · Durham University, MA Classics and BA Classics
memberships & associations
- Law Society of England and Wales
- London Shipping Law Centre (LSLC)
- London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA)
- London Solicitors Litigation Association (LSLA)