Watson Farley & Williams (“WFW”) is delighted to announce that the firm has been shortlisted in six categories for the Women in Business Law Asia-Pacific Awards 2020 (WIBLA):
- Firm Initiatives Awards – Best international firm – Hong Kong SAR practice;
- Jurisdiction Awards – Singapore;
- Jurisdiction Awards – Vietnam;
- Practice Area Awards – Energy, natural resources, and mining – Partner and head of the Hanoi office, Linh Doan;
- Practice Area Awards – International trade and shipping – Partner and head of the Hong Kong office, Madeline Leong; and
- Practice Area Awards – International trade and shipping – Partner and head of the Singapore office, Mei Lin Goh.
The Women in Business Law Awards provides a platform to recognise the achievements of leading women lawyers in specific practice areas, as well as standout firms in individual Asian jurisdictions. The awards specifically celebrate Diversity & Inclusion, including progressive initiatives for gender diversity, mentorship, minority women, talent management and work-life balance.
As an international law firm with a global client base, diversity and inclusion is a key component of how WFW operates. Respect for different backgrounds and perspectives is at the heart of our core values and we recognise the importance of fostering an inclusive environment that allows everyone to reach their full potential. This is a key feature of our Global Code of Conduct, which places diversity and inclusion at the centre of the way we work.
At Watson Farley & Williams you will find women in a number of key leadership roles, many of whom have received high profile recognition for their work. Women make up a third of our Global Management Committee and we are proud that many of our offices, legal and sector groups are led by women. Globally, women make up the majority of fee-earning roles at all levels of post-qualification experience through to Senior Associate and we are pleased that we continue to develop a strong pipeline of female talent.
We would like to congratulate all the legal professionals shortlisted in the WIBLA and look forward to the winners being announced virtually on 10 December 2020.