Watson Farley & Williams (“WFW”) is delighted to have once again achieved strong results in the full year 2022 energy and infrastructure league tables by leading publications inspiratia, Inframation and IJGlobal.
The firm achieved 38 top twenty rankings in the Inframation FY2022 league tables, thirteen more than for FY2021, including the following top tier rankings:
- 1st – by deal count, Renewables, Europe;
- 1st – by deal count, Germany;
- 1st – by deal count, Renewables, Germany;
- 1st – by deal count and deal value, Renewables, Greece;
- 1st – by deal value, Renewables, Spain;
- 1st – by deal value, Social Infrastructure, France; and
- 1st by deal count and deal value, Social Infrastructure, Spain.
The firm also did well in inspiratia’s rankings, maintaining second place overall for global renewables deals.
In the IJGlobal tables, WFW secured eight top twenty rankings, with four in the top ten:
- 6th – by deal value, Social & Defence infrastructure;
- 6th – by deal value, Social & Defence project finance;
- 10th – by deal value, Europe project finance; and
- 10th – by deal value, Global project finance.
Global Energy Group Co-Head Henry Stewart commented: “We’re pleased that WFW has once again performed well in these key league table rankings, highlighting our standing as one of the world’s top legal advisers for energy and infrastructure expertise. This is notably the case for renewables, where we have long been a global leader, and cements WFW’s commitment to promoting sustainability and the energy transition”.
Global Energy Group Co-Head Malte Jordan added: “These results demonstrate the strength and depth of our European network in particular, as well as a growing reputation for excellence advising on infrastructure projects. Achieving such positive results is testament to the hard work and skill of our team worldwide”.