Watson Farley & Williams (“WFW”) is delighted that leading maritime sector publication Marine Money has named five deals the firm advised on as ‘Deals of the Year’ at their annual Deal of the Year Awards.
The award-winning deals that WFW advised on are:
- Bank Debt Deal of the Year – Danaos Corporation US$815m Senior Secured Facility;
- Export Credit Agency Deal of the Year – Seaspan Corporation US$1.7bn Korean and Chinese ECA-Covered JOLCO Facilities for 18 x Newbuilding Containerships;
- Leasing Deal of the Year – Knutsen Group US$970m Financing of six LNGCs incorporating a French Lease, ECA-backed Loans and the issuance of private placement bonds;
- Private Equity Deal of the Year – Stonepeak Partners US$6.2bn Acquisition of Teekay LNG Partners; and
- Private Equity Deal of the Year – Leif Höegh and Morgan Stanley Infrastructure Partners US$1.5bn Acquisition of Höegh LNG.
WFW Senior Partner and Global Maritime Sector Co-Head George Paleokrassas said: “These are yet another set of fantastic results for WFW in the Marine Money awards edition, highlighting once again our unrivalled expertise advising on complex market-leading maritime transactions as well as our ability to offer expert cross-border legal advice and solutions to our clients. Congratulations to everyone involved”.
Global Maritime Sector Co-Head George Macheras added: “Our recognised deals span our international network, highlighting the truly global nature of our maritime practice and the calibre of our lawyers wherever they are located”.