Watson Farley & Williams is delighted to have once more return a formidable set of rankings in the Q3 2021 energy and infrastructure league tables by leading publications Inframation, inspiratia and IJGlobal.
The firm achieved an impressive 28 top 20 rankings across Inframation’s league tables, 13 of which were within the top five places and eight 1st place rankings, most notably for global renewables by deal count. The top tier rankings include:
- 1st by deal count – global renewables;
- 1st by deal count – Europe renewables;
- 1st by deal count – all Europe;
- 1st by deal count – all EU;
- 1st by deal count – Germany;
- 1st by deal value – Spain;
- 1st by deal count – Spain; and
- 1st by deal count – EMEA;
The firm continues to perform in inspiratia’s rankings, placing second and seventh by deal count and transaction volume respectively.
In the IJGlobal tables, WFW secured 11 top 20 positions, seven of which represent improved rankings. Additionally, the firm garnered three new top five rankings:
- Third by deal value – infrastructure, Europe;
- Third by deal value – project finance, Europe; and
- Fourth by deal value – project finance, renewables.
Global Energy Group Co-Head Henry Stewart commented: “We’re delighted that WFW continues to excel in these key league table rankings. These great results reinforce our standing as one of the world’s leading legal advisers for energy and infrastructure expertise”.
Fellow Global Energy Co-Head Malte Jordan added: “Achieving such formidable results across all three publications is testament to the continued hard work and dedication of our teams worldwide. In particular, topping so many of Inframation’s tables highlights the depth of our expertise, the consistency of our excellence and legitimacy of our position at the forefront of the global energy sector”.