Five WFW deals named IJGlobal ‘Deals of the Year 2020’7 July 2021
The award-winning deals WFW advised on were:
- Editor’s Choice Europe – Wavemaster Horizon: advising SMBC as lender on a senior loan to Centrus Marine One to part finance the purchase of newbuild offshore support vessel Bibby Wavemaster Horizon;
- Editor’s Choice MENA – Umm al Quwain IWP: advising the UAE’s Federal Electricity and Water Authority (FEWA) on the procurement and completion of the US$680m project financing for the largest water desalination plant to date in the Emirate of Umm al Quwain;
- Asia Pacific project finance & export finance – Changfang, Xidao Offshore Wind Farms: advising consortium of lenders on US$3bn Changfang and Xidao Taiwanese offshore wind project financings;
- European solar refinancing CSP – Project Helios: advising Atlantica Sustainable Infrastructure on a €326m bond issue for the refinancing of a 100 MW Spanish solar portfolio; and
- European solar refinancing – Renovalia – SIX: advising Cerberus Capital Management on its sale of Renovalia Energy Group to F2i, one of Italy’s largest infrastructure and energy funds (part of broader refinancing).
WFW Madrid Office Head María Pilar García Guijarro commented: “I’m delighted that so many deals WFW advised on, spanning Europe, the Middle East and Asia Pacific, have been recognised by IJGlobal as among the most innovative transactions of 2020. Including, of course, two renewables deals that we advised on here in Madrid and which were both transformational for the Spanish market”.
WFW Dubai Office Head Andrew Baird added: “I’m delighted that the Editor’s Choice awards for both Europe and MENA were for deals that we advised on in Dubai, particularly as they cover WFW’s core sectors of expertise, energy and transport. Congratulations to everyone involved across WFW”.