"Also if the parties waive their right to the notice period after a dismissal was served, the social security contribution must be paid."
In this edition of our bitesize weekly Italian employment update, “Snacks”, our team looks at the following recent cases and notices:
- workers’ right to access data collected by an investigating body;
- working abroad with a posting to Italy and conventional pay scheme;
- records of the conciliation signed at the Prefecture can be challenged;
- immutability of the disciplinary objection and redefinition of facts charged;
- worker’s death from lung cancer and failure to comply with smoking ban;
- retaliatory nature of dismissal and reinstatement;
- freedom and limitations in choosing NCLAs;
- conditions for legitimacy of on-call employment contracts; and
- dismissal for failure to pass probationary period and invalidity of the relevant covenant.