Watson Farley & Williams (“WFW”) has achieved a stellar set of rankings in the H1 2019 Energy & Infrastructure league table rankings for legal advisers in leading sector publications inspiratia, Inframation and IJGlobal.
WFW dominated inspiratia’s H1 2019 global renewables rankings, coming first by both deal count and deal value for the first time.
The firm also got 29 top 20 rankings in Inframation and SparkSpread’s H1 2019 League Table and Trend Report (Project Finance), including the following top five rankings:
- 1st by deal count All Sectors All Europe;
- 1st by deal count All Sectors EU;
- 1st by deal count All Sectors France;
- 1st by deal count All Sectors Germany;
- 1st by deal count All Sectors Spain;
- 1st by deal count Europe Renewables;
- 1st by deal count Global Renewables;
- 1st by deal count Latin America Renewables;
- 1st by deal value All Sectors Germany;
- 2nd by deal count All Sectors EMEA;
- 2nd by deal count All Sectors Nordics;
- 3rd by deal count All Sectors Global;
- 3rd by deal count All Sectors Italy; and
- 3rd by deal value Europe Renewables.
Seven top 20 rankings were achieved in IJGlobal’s H1 2019 rankings, including the following two top five global rankings:
- 3rd by deal value Global Renewables Infrastructure Finance; and
- 3rd by deal count Global Project Finance
Global Energy Group Co-Head Henry Stewart commented: “We’re delighted that WFW have done so well in these H1 2019 rankings, not just for renewables but across all relevant industry sectors. This is further recognition of the continued success of WFW’s industry-focussed strategy and our ability to advise on complex, multi-jurisdictional transactions spanning the energy and infrastructure sectors”.
Fellow Global Energy Co-Head Malte Jordan concurred, adding: “These fantastic results also highlight our expanding practice and profile in both the Nordic and Latin American markets. I am also personally especially delighted that Inframation ranked WFW first by both deal count and deal value across all sectors for Germany – a superb testament to the strength and depth of our practice there”.