"These results highlight our status as leading legal advisers in project finance and M&A, and illustrates our well-known energy and infrastructure capabilities."
WFW delivers excellent FY 2019 energy & infrastructure league table results31 January 2020
Watson Farley & Williams (“WFW”) has amassed a terrific series of rankings in the FY 2019 energy and infrastructure league tables for legal advisers in leading sector publications inspiratia, Inframation and IJGlobal.
WFW dominated inspiratia’s renewables rankings this year, topping the table by deal count for the fourth consecutive quarter. The firm also moved up to fourth by deal value, from sixth in 2018.
In Inframation and SparkSpread’s FY 2019 League table and Trend Report (Project Finance), WFW attained 36 top 20 rankings, making major progress in the European tables where the firm broke into the top 10 by deal value in the All Sectors and Energy categories. The firm’s top five rankings were:
- 1st by deal count Europe Renewables;
- 1st by deal count All Sectors Germany;
- 1st by deal count All Sectors Spain;
- 2nd by deal count Global Renewables;
- 2nd by deal count All Sectors Europe;
- 2nd by deal count All Sectors EU;
- 2nd by deal count All Sectors France;
- 3rd by deal count All Sectors EMEA;
- 3rd by deal count Asia Transport;
- 4rd by deal count Europe Power;
- 4th by deal count All Sectors Italy; and
- 5th by deal value Europe Renewables.
Six top ten rankings were also achieved in IJGlobal’s FY 2019 ranking, including moving into the top ten in:
- Global Infrastructure Finance by deal count; and
- Global Project Finance by deal count.
Global Energy Co-Head Henry Stewart commented: “These exceptional results, especially the continued dominance of the inspiratia renewables rankings, are testament to the talented, dedicated members of our Global Energy team”.
Fellow Global Energy Co-Head Malte Jordan concurred, adding: “Not only do these rankings demonstrate our expertise in numerous jurisdictions, including Europe, Asia, Africa and Latin America, they also highlight our status as leading legal advisers in project finance and M&A, as well as illustrating our well-known energy and infrastructure capabilities”.