Leading maritime industry publication Marine Money has re-confirmed Watson Farley & Williams’ (“WFW”) position as the leading legal advisor in the maritime sector, naming seven deals on which WFW advised as “Deal of the Year” in the relevant categories in its “The Year of Winning Dangerously – Dealmakers of the Year” edition.
This year’s winning deals are:
- Bank Debt East – BW Gas JuJu LNG (Hong Kong office advised BW Gas).
- Leasing West – China Merchant Bank Financial leasing sale and leaseback of eight containerships with APL (Hong Kong office advised CMBFL).
- Private Equity – Euronav sale and leaseback (Frankfurt office advised the lender, DekaBank).
- Reliance financing – (ECA – East).
- M&A – Hapag-Lloyd merger with UASC.
- Recapitalisation – Teekay Recapitalisation.
- Wild Card – Berenberg portfolio investment.
In the “2015 Deal of the Year” edition, Marine Money named seven WFW-advised deals as winners in their respective categories.