Leading maritime publication Marine Money has once again confirmed Watson Farley & Williams’ (“WFW”) standing as a leading legal advisor to the industry, naming seven deals on which the firm advised “Deals of the Year” in its “Leadership – Dealmakers of the Year” March/April 2019 edition special feature.
This year’s winning WFW deals are:
- Bank Debt – East: Pacific Basin US$325m Reduced Revolving Credit Facility;
- Equity-Linked: Teekay Corporation US$225m Simultaneous and Convertible and Follow-on Offering;
- ECA – West: Teekay Shuttle Tankers US$265.8m Senior Facility and US$30m Junior Facility;
- Green Ship Finance – West: Sovcomflot US$252m Green Finance Credit Facility;
- M&A: Global Ship Lease and Poseidon Containers Merger; (acted for the lenders)
- Recapitalisation: Danaos US$2.2bn recapitalisation; and
- Wildcard – International Seaways acquisition of Gener8 VLCCs.
Global Maritime Sector Head Lindsey Keeble commented: “I’m delighted that once again so many of the deals we have worked on have been singled out by Marine Money for their ground breaking and innovative nature, reinforcing WFW’s reputation as the leading firm for ship finance worldwide. This is especially the case as this year’s award winning deals encompass matters led on by our Athens, Hamburg, Hong Kong, London and New York offices”.