Tony Edwards is a Partner in the Corporate group.
Tony is a highly experienced corporate lawyer with significant expertise in cross border transactions across a range of sectors, particularly energy and natural resources. He has extensive experience of working with clients on deals involving a broad range of international jurisdictions, most notably in a number of key African jurisdictions and the Middle East.
Tony has acted for financial and trade investors as well as governments in a broad spread of transactions including M&A, ECM transactions, venture capital and private equity transactions, joint ventures, projects and various debt financing transactions.
- Advising S&P Global Platts on the acquisitions of Petromedia (a bunker fuel pricing provider), Live Rice Index (a provider of information and benchmark assessments for the rice industry) and a number of other price reporting agencies.
- Advising Africa Finance Corporation on two rounds of tiered funding into Infinity Power, firstly into a portfolio of solar assets in Egypt and then (alongside EBRD and Masdar) on the equity component of the acquisition funding for Lekela Power, thereby creating the largest renewable energy company in Africa. Lekela Power had 1GW of operating wind power projects in Africa and a further pipeline of 1.8GW.
- Advising an independent oil & gas group on a multi-billion dollar structured financing of the development of a Nigerian oil & gas block.
- Advising GCAM LP on its £18m investment into a new joint venture with Amaroq Minerals, an AIM listed mining company (JV focused on non-gold assets in Greenland).
- Advising Strand Hanson & Peel Hunt as Nomad and broker respectively to Solo Oil Plc (the AIM listed owner of minority interests in oil and gas and helium assets in Tanzania) in respect of its reverse takeover involving the acquisition of certain Dutch North Sea assets and an associated placing and open offer.
- 1997 · Qualified as a Solicitor in England & Wales
- 1993 – 1995 · College of Law GDL & LPC
- 1990 – 1993 · University of Cambridge BA Hons – History (2.1)