Susanne is a Partner in the Finance Group.
With a focus on the aviation and maritime sectors, Susanne advises domestic and international borrowers, project sponsors, banks and institutional investors across a range of asset and structured finance transactions, including restructurings. Her work includes advising on New York law loan and security documentation, locally and in cross-border, multi-jurisdictional transactions.
She is ranked by top legal directory Legal 500 US in their “next generation” category of up and coming star lawyers for her shipping finance expertise and hailed as “a dedicated and smart lawyer.”
Susanne has presented at conferences, contributed to legal journals, and graduated from Tulane University. She is a member of the New York City Bar Association, New York State Bar Association and the Louisiana State Bar Association.
- Advising vessel owner with respect to US$300m project financing of US Jones Act tankers.
- Advising borrower with respect to Spanish ECA-backed vessel construction and financing.
- Advising private equity firm in connection with the purchase and lease of 737-400SF aircraft.
- Advising helicopter-owning company in connection with the US$125m financing and refinancing of Bell Helicopter 412EP helicopters.
- Advising on the termination and restructuring of more than 50 lease transactions including combined sale and termination of all leases in lease portfolio.
- 2000 – 2003 · Tulane University, J.D. with a Certificate of Specialization in Admiralty and Maritime Law
- 1996 – 2000 · Tufts University, B.A.
memberships & associations
- Women’s International Shipping & Trading Association
- New York City Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Louisiana State Bar Association