Steve is a Partner in the CORPORATE AND M&A GROUP.
Steve’s practice focuses on corporate, private equity and securities transactions, most often on international transactions representing corporates, sponsors, acquirers, targets and private equity firms.
His work includes equity investments, joint ventures, public and private securities offerings, mergers and acquisitions, control acquisitions and dispositions, commercial contracts, regulatory filings, restructurings, as well as other business transactions and general corporate matters. He also prepares Securities and Exchange Commission and stock exchange filings and submissions, particularly relating to foreign private issuers.
Steve is admitted to practice law in New York, New Jersey and the Republic of the Marshall Islands, regularly advising and providing opinions in relation to entities formed in Liberia and the Marshall Islands. He has written extensively on corporate and securities matters, Marshall Islands and Liberian law and has taught continuing legal education courses in securities law and opinion practice.
Steve is recommended by legal directory Legal 500 US 2019 and is deemed highly regarded in M&A by IFLR 1000.
- Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners in its acquisition of multiple Texas based wind farms from different parties.
- SunEdison on the sale of four French PV plants.
- Globus Maritime Ltd on its transfer of the public listing of its shares from the Alternative Investment Market to NASDAQ, and on its follow-on offering of equity securities.
- Tennenbaum Capital Partners, LLC in its purchase of Series B Convertible Perpetual Preferred Shares from Euroseas Ltd.
- Global Ship Lease, Inc. and its parent company CMA CGM in Global Ship Lease’s acquisition by Marathon Acquisition Corp., through a merger valued at US$1bn.
- 2005 · Emory University School of Law, J.D., with honors
- 2002 · Binghamton University, State University of New York, B.A., magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
memberships & associations
- New York State Bar Association
- American Bar Association