Steve is a partner in the private equity, capital markets, and corporate and M&A groups.
Steve’s practice focuses on corporate, private equity, securities and capital markets transactions, most often on international transactions representing corporates, sponsors, acquirers, targets and private equity firms.
His work includes equity investments, joint ventures, public and private securities offerings for debt and equity, mergers and acquisitions, control acquisitions and dispositions, commercial contracts, regulatory filings, restructurings, as well as other business and capital market transactions and general corporate matters. He also prepares Securities and Exchange Commission and stock exchange filings and submissions, particularly relating to foreign private issuers.
Steve is admitted to practice law in New York, New Jersey and the Republic of the Marshall Islands, regularly advising and providing opinions in relation to entities formed in Liberia and the Marshall Islands. He has written extensively on corporate and securities matters, Marshall Islands and Liberian law, and has taught continuing legal education courses in both securities law and opinion practice. Chambers USA notes that Steve “is the first call for anything Marshall Islands-related; he’s easy to deal with and always hits the ball out of the park.”
He is recognized as an expert based abroad in Liberia by Chambers Global 2022 and he is ranked in Band 3 Chambers USA 2022 for Transportation: Shipping/Maritime: Finance, where Chambers notes he “is a solid adviser with good client service” and “He’s a strong, commercially minded transactional attorney.”
Steve has also been recognized in the tier one Transport: Shipping – Finance team by Legal 500 US and is deemed highly regarded in M&A by IFLR 1000. He was selected to the New York Rising Stars in 2018 – 2020 in Securities & Corporate Finance in New York, NY.
- Advising Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners in its acquisition of multiple Texas-based wind farms from different parties.
- Advising Northern Shipping Fund Management in its sale of assets to Hudson Structured Capital Management.
- Advising Globus Maritime Limited on its transfer of the public listing of its shares from the Alternative Investment Market to NASDAQ, and on its follow-on offering, registered direct offerings and private placements.
- Advising Offshore Merchant Partners in its purchase of Series G Redeemable Convertible Perpetual Preferred Shares from Tsakos Energy Navigation.
- Advising Cartesian Capital in its investment in Viva Air.
- 2005 · Emory University School of Law, J.D., with honors
memberships & associations
- New York State Bar Association
- American Bar Association