Simon Kavanagh joined the firm as a Partner in 1997 and is a Partner in the Assets and Structured Finance Group.
Simon specialises in asset, project and structured finance, including debt capital markets and derivatives transactions, across a broad range of sectors and asset classes.
He has advised on the financing of FPSOs, LNG carriers, containers, container vessels, cruise vessels, satellites and onshore and offshore windfarms.
- Advising BG Group on the US$930 million sale of six LNG carriers to GasLog.
- Advising a state-owned rail operator on a €3 billion EMTN programme.
- Advising a Canadian owner on the restructuring of defeased leases of LNG vessels.
- Advising on a wide range of hedging arrangements including advising swap banks and corporates on the hedging arrangements relating to vessel financings, advising on derivative based transactions and advising on the documentation and transfer of portfolios of derivatives.
- Advising a major liner company on the restructuring of four defeased lease transactions.
- 1984 – 1985 · College of Law, London, Law Society Finals
- 1983 – 1984 · College of Law, London, Common Professional Exam
- 1983 · Christ Church, Oxford, BA Hons
memberships & associations
- Law Society of England & Wales