ROBERT IS HEAD OF THE SYDNEY OFFICE AND LEADS OUR ASIA PACIFIC HOTEL & HOSPITALITY GROUP.
Robert is a specialist in the hotels and hospitality industry where he is recognised as a leading transactional lawyer advising clients across Asia Pacific on their strategies and transactions. The depth of Robert’s experience and his long-standing relationships with industry participants enable him to provide unique insights and create connections that help his clients to unlock opportunities and execute hotel deals.
Robert is regularly asked to speak at industry conferences in Singapore, Hong Kong and Australia, and was recognised in 2020, 2021 & 2022 as a Global Elite Thought Leader in Hospitality in Asia Pacific by Who’s Who Legal.
- Advising Sydney based property group, Icon Oceania on the development and A$108m sale of its new-build VIBE hotel in Sydney’s Darling Harbour.
- Advising Minor Hotels Group on its sale and manage-back deal of three major luxury resorts in the Maldives: Anantara Veli, Anantara Dhigu and Anantara Naladhu.
- Advising CDL Hospitality Trusts on the A$67.9m sale of Novotel Brisbane on the sale of the Novotel Brisbane to the Amora Hotel Group.
- Advising on the sale of ultra-luxury iconic Cheval Blanc Randheli resort in the Maldives managed by LVMH with the highest price per key Globally of US$4.7 million. This deal won the ‘Single Asset Transaction of the Year’ Award at the Hotel Investment Conference Asia Pacific (HICAP) in 2018.
- Advising Baillie Lodges on the sale of a major stake in Baillie Lodges, a luxury experiential lodge operator.
1997 University of Durham (Bachelor of Laws LLB)
- PressWFW expands Australian disputes offering with new partner hire
- AwardWFW Maldives deal wins HICAP ‘M&A Deal of the Year 2022’
- PressWFW advises Universal Enterprises and Marriott International on major sale of Maldivian resort
- PressWFW expands Asia Pacific Hotels & Hospitality practice with Sydney Special Counsel hire
- Event‘The Continued Evolution of Hotel Investment’ Webinar Series – Episode 3 – The Asset is the Key