Rob is a Partner in the Dispute Resolution Group.
He specialises in international commercial dispute resolution (particularly arbitration) and advises corporates and multi-nationals across a broad range of industry sectors including energy, infrastructure and international trade.
Rob trained and qualified with the firm in London, then worked out of the Bangkok office from 2007 to 2016.
He is recommended by Legal 500 UK 2021, where he is described as “an outstanding lawyer” whose “easy-going manner is very popular with clients”. He is “adept at managing complex technical disputes and with a good eye for the issues that are important in a dispute”.
- Advising an international oil and gas company on the protection of its interests in the settlement of a US$multi-billion dispute concerning its joint venture partners and a West Asian state.
- Acting for a state-owned energy company in a US$multi-million dispute arising out of the failed design, supply and implementation of an integrated Commodities Trading Risk Management system.
- Advising an independent E&P company in respect of operational and budgeting issues arising under a joint operating agreement concerning the drilling of exploration wells in North Africa.
- Acting for the claimant in a US$multi-million arbitration concerning a contract to build and operate a process plant and supply products to a major multinational food and beverage company.
- Acting for a major Thai integrated petrochemical refinery in 21 concurrent arbitrations exceeding US$300m for breach of confidence, infringement of intellectual property rights & breach of contract.
- 2003 – 2004 · BPP Law School, Legal Practice Course
- 2002 – 2003 · BPP Law School, Post Graduate Diploma in Law
- 1997 – 2000 · University of Liverpool, BA (Hons) English Literature
memberships & associations
- Law Society of England & Wales
- London Solicitors Litigation Association (LSLA)
- London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA)