Rob is a Partner in the Financial Markets & Products Group.
Rob has a broad practice across the debt capital markets, structured products and derivatives markets, as well as having considerable experience of a range of bank financings, particularly in the area of mezzanine and other subordinated investment structures. His clients include leading investment banks, private equity and hedge funds and major international corporates across a wide range of industries and sectors.
Rob is widely recognised, most recently by IFLR 1000, as a leading individual within the European derivatives market particularly with respect to finance-linked and other structured swaps, as well as structured commodity swaps and credit default swaps.
- Advising Virgin Atlantic’s bondholders in Virgin’s landmark £1.2bn restructuring and recapitalisation plan implemented using the UK’s new Part 26A of the Companies Act 2006. – Airline Economics European Recapitalisation Deal of the Year 2021, Airfinance Journal Europe Deal of the Year 2021 and IFLR Europe Restructuring Deal of the Year 2021.
- 1997 · Admitted as a solicitor
- 1993 – 1995 · College of Law, Guildford
- 1989 – 1992 · Gonville & Caius College, Cambridge University: MA
- 1987 – 1988 · Konservatorium für Musik, Biel/Bienne, Switzerland