Philippa is an Associate in the Dispute Resolution group.
Philippa is an Associate in the Dispute Resolution Group, based in London.
She is dual qualified, being admitted to practice in England & Wales and South Africa.
Philippa trained and qualified at an international law firm in South Africa, before moving to the UK and requalifying. Her core areas of practice are commercial litigation, financial services litigation, regulatory investigations and professional negligence disputes. Philippa has varied experience in large complex cross-border litigation and regulatory matters.
Philippa’s litigation experience includes the English High Court, predominantly in the Business and Property Court. Her regulatory experience includes dealings with the Serious Fraud Office, the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.
- 2009 · Rhodes University, South Africa – Bachelor of Social Sciences, majoring in Law and Economics
- 2011 · University of Cape Town, Bachelor of Laws
- 2018 · Kaplan Qualified Lawyers Transfer Scheme
memberships and associations
- Admitted as an Attorney to Cape Law Society in 2014
- Admitted as a Solicitor to Law Society of England and Wales
- PressWFW advises on US$15bn Simandou project, world’s largest mining and related infrastructure project
- ArticleThe legal challenges companies face in making net zero claims
- ArticleNet zero commitments: the need for careful planning, implementation and monitoring
- ArticleLandmark UNHRC decision finds Australia’s climate change mitigation policy violates human rights